Tuesday 3 March 2015

Words....

Susan is hosting the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge : Words, Words, Words this month. The only stamps we can use are word stamps.

I was inspired by one of Ann Voskamp's Framables


Gathered a bunch of word stamps .... most of these are Hero Arts, just one is Papertrey Ink.
This was my first attempt ... thinking about sending it to my mother ... she loves pink. I coloured the hello with Prismacolours and I like the shading.


I wasn't so happy about the placement of the "hugs & kisses" stamp .... and of course, it was the last one I stamped. Also I thought it needed at least one other pink stamp too. I hesitated about whether to try again, but decided I had better make the effort.

Second card didn't even make it to be photographed - dropped my second inked sentiment!

OK. So take a deep breath and try again ... hopefully third time lucky.

I couldn't colour with the Prismacolours this time as I had no pencils that matched the pink ink I had used for the "Hey", so no shading. But I added Glossy Accents.


Still can't decide which one I prefer. What's your opinion?


2 comments:

  1. Janet, I really, really love the first one! That shading on the hello is perfect! The second one is darling as well. I love how you took so many different sentiments and combined them so coherently! Thanks for playing along with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge! I'm always so happy to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the first one looked great, and the coloring was fabulous, but comparing them side by side, I do like the second one better. Hugs & Kisses looks better sideways!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails